Marathon Course Info
The Marathon will start at the Clock Tower on the Mall. Cooper Ave. and Mill St intersection at 6:30am
Course Description Marathon
- Start – The marathon will start on the pedestrian mall, Mill and Cooper inersection.
- Follow Mill St. to Hopkins, to Galena (Cross Main St, at Galena)
- Take the Jail Trail to Rio Grande Place. Cross Rio Grande Place and head onto the dirt trail through the John Denver Sanctuary.
- Take the Dirt Trail through the John Denver Sanctuary across the Krajian Bridge, take a right up the Hunter Creek Trail.
- Turn Right onto the Lani White Trail, up and through Williams Ranch, take Silverlode Dr. across to Smuggler Mountain Road.
- Turn left on Smuggler Mountain Road. Take Smuggler Mountain Road up to the BTS trail. (Aid Station #1)
- Head up the BTS Trail to the Tootsie Roll Trail.
- Follow Tootsie Roll Trail to the Lollipop Trail.
- Follow the Lollipop to the new lower Lollipop Trail down to the Iowa Shaft Trail (USFS Trail #2172.1).
- Follow the Iowa Shaft Trail down to Hunter Creek Valley South Trail (USFS #21A.1).
- Turn left on the Hunter Creek Valley South Trail and follow it to the Hunter Creek Cutoff Trail.
- Turn right on the Hunter Creek Cutoff Trail and then a right onto the Hunter Creek Valley Trail (USFS #1992.2).
- Turn left on North Spur Trail (USFS #1992.3B) and bear left on the Lazy Man Shortcut (USFS #1992.3D) and continue to Hunter Creek Toll Road (USFS #20A) and Aid Station #2.
- Then right on the Hunter Creek Valley North Trail (USFS #21A.1).
- Follow the Hunter Creek Valley North Trail to the Hummingbird Trail.
- Take the Hummingbird Trail to the Hunter Creek Toll Road (USFS #20A).
- Turn Right on the Hunter Creek Toll Road and then bear right on the Hunter Creek Overlook Trail (USFS #2491.1).
- Turn left onto the Hunter Creek Toll Road and then a right onto Burnt Hole Road (USFS #22).
- Turn left onto the Hobbit Trail (USFS #1989.3) and follow the Hobbit Trail to Four Corners.Aid Station #3
- Take the Red Mountain Communications Site Road and then turn left onto the Secret/Jedi Trail (USFS #1987.3).
- Turn Left on the Sunnyside Trail (USFS #1987.1) and follow it until the Shadyside Cutoff (USFS #1988.2).
- Turn left on Shadyside Trail (USFS #1988.1) and follow it until it joins the Sunnyside Trail again.
- Turn right on the Sunnyside Trail and follow it until it meets the Rio Grande Trail.
- Turn left on the Rio Grande Trail and follow it until it joins a series of single track trails that parallels the Rio Grande Trail.
- Cross the Roaring Fork River on the Picnic Point Bridge and turn left on the Music Tent single track trail.
- Turn left onto the Grindley Bridge and then a right turn back onto the Rio Grande Trail. Follow the Rio Grande Trail back to Rio Grande Park and the finish.