Marathon Course Info
Start 2018! (Map for 2018 coming soon – we are running the 2017 race in the reverse!)
The Marathon will start at the Clock Tower on the Mall. Cooper Ave. and Mill St intersection.
- Follow Mill St. to Hopkins, Hopkins to Galena (Cross Main St at Galena).
- Take the Jail Trail to Rio Grande Place. Cross Rio Grande Place and head onto the dirt trail through the John Denver Sanctuary.
- Take the Dirt trail through the John Denver Sanctuary across the Krajian Bridge
- Follow the Rio Grande trail until it joins a series of single track that parallels the Rio Grande Trail
- Turn left onto the Grindlay Bridge and cross the Roaring Fork River and then a right turn onto the Music Tent single track trail.
- Cross the Roaring Fork River again via the Picnic Point Bridge and turn left on the Rio Grande Trail.
- Follow the Rio Grande Trail and adjacent single track trails to Stein Park and Aid Station #1 at 2.28 miles until a right turn onto the Sunny Side Trail.
- Follow the Sunny Side Trail until if joins the Shadyside Trail (USFS #1988.1).
- Turn left onto the Shadyside Trail and follow it until the Shadyside Cutoff (USFS #1988.2) and Aid Station #2 at 7.52 miles.
- Turn left onto the Sunny Side Trail (USFS #1987.1).
- Turn Right onto the Secret/Jedi Trail (USFS#1987.3) and follow it past the Upper Plunge Trail to the Red Mountain Communications Site Road.
- Follow the road to 4 corners to Aid Station #3 at 10.68 miles.
- Take the Hobbit Trail (USFS 1989.3) out of 4 corners. And take a right onto Burnt Hole Road (USFS # 22).
- Take a left on the Hunter Creek Toll Road (USFS #20A).
- Turn Right on the Hunter Creek Overlook Trail (USFS #2491.1) and bear left onto the Hunter Creek Toll Road again and follow it until you reach the Hummingbird Trail.
- Take the Hummingbird Trail to the Hunter Creek Valley North Trail. (USFS#21A.1)
- Bear right and follow the Hunter Creek Valley North Trail follow it to the Hunter Creek Toll Road.
- Turn left on the Hunter Creek Toll Road for ¼ mile to Aid Station #4 at 17.51 miles.
- Turn left on Hunter Creek Shortcut Trail back up to the North Spur Trail.
- Cross the 10th Mountain Bridge and turn right on the Hunter Creek Trail
- Follow the Hunter Creek Valley Trail and Turn left onto the Hunter Creek Cutoff Trail. Follow the Hunter Creek Cutoff Trail and turn left onto the Hunter Creek Valley South Trail (USFS#21A.1)
- Take the Hunter Creek Valley South Trail up to the Iowa Shaft Trail (USFS#2172.1).
- Follow the Iowa Shaft Trail to up to the new Lower Lollipop Trail. Take the new lower Lollipop trail to the Lollipop trail.
- Follow the Lollipop Trail to the Tootsie Roll Trail to Aid Station #5 at 21.97 miles.
- Head down the BTS Trail onto Smuggler Mountain Road. Head Down Smuggler Mountain Road.
- Turn left onto Silverlode Drive, right onto Park Circle, left onto King St. and then right onto Neal Ave.
- Follow Neal Avenue to Herron Park, turn right onto the Rio Grande Trail into the Finish at Rio Grande Park.